- This event has passed.
STEMersion Day of Caring 2022
November 16, 2022 @ 8:00 am - November 18, 2022 @ 3:00 pm EST
In conjunction with our industry partners, Tri-County STEMersion is excited to offer materials and in-class instruction to assist teachers in student development of thinking, teamwork, and creative skills.
Explore our sample lesson plans below and register today for more details!
STEM THE AIR
Pollen season seems like it’s always upon us! As a result, Volvo is equipping new vehicles with an air purification that can remove 99.9% of grass, tree, and weed pollen allergens from incoming air. Cleaner air gives personal health benefits and a boost in concentration.
STEM THE SHIP
The Port stacks tons of weight on top of ships that must stay afloat. Regardless of the size of the ship, containers must be loaded so they will not tip over. Weight must be added and distributed so the ship wont lean. How would you load the ship with 60 containers that can only be stacked 3 high and 4 wide?
STUDENTS WILL LEARN TO
- Determine the different materials to use to create the best air filter possible.
- Test the filtration ability of various materials with particles of different sizes such as cocoa powder, glitter, and sand.
- Determine efficacy of their filter based on measurable criteria
STUDENTS WILL ENGAGE IN
- Critical Thinking
- Measuring Inquiry
- Soft Skills
EVENT DETAILS & FAQ’s
- Where? An Industry Partner will come to your school (i.e. Boeing, Bosch…etc)
- When? Each Day of Caring event will take place between November 16 – 19, 2022
- How Long? This is a one-day program that is expected to last 2-3hrs.
- Who can participate? We currently have availability for 4 Schools in the Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester areas
- Is there still an opportunity for new Industry Partners to participate? Yes! Register your organization below.
- More Questions? Please contact us with any additional questions at email@example.com